What is Coins for Kids? Join with Girls Ministries everywhere as we partner with Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge (BGMC*) to make our coins count. Coins for Kids is the missions arm of Girls Ministries. Each year the national Girls Ministries Department, in cooperation with Assemblies of God World Missions and U.S. Missions, selects a missions project that specifically affects children. Together we’ve helped build a school for kids in Venezuela, a multipurpose building for Camp AN in Alaska, and cooking centers for kids in South Africa. These are just a few of the ways we’ve been able to make a difference for kids all over the world.
The Coins for Kids offering received during the project year not only benefits the national missions project but also contributes to BGMC when mailed to the national Girls Ministries Department.
*Churches who give to Coins for Kids through the national Girls Ministries Department will get both BGMC and World Missions giving credit.
Girls will be more motivated to participate when they understand the difference they are making. Here are some ideas to get started:
• Each year a project that specifically affects children is selected and announced to participating churches nationwide. This year’s project is Mission Argentina.
• Make girls aware of the project by distributing copies of the Coins for Kids Promo Card and playing the Coins For Kids Promotional Video during a club meeting.
• Challenge the girls to set a goal for this year and then think creatively about how they might be able to meet it. Use the Faith Promise Cards.
• Purchase the silicone Coins For Kids Bracelets for your girls to wear as a reminder of their promise.
• Order the free Coins for Kids Promo Cards and Offering Boxes (see the Order Form). The card explains the ministry of Coins for Kids and this year’s project.
• Customize the Coins for Kids Offering Boxes with project-themed labels. On our website, you can find Offering Box Sticker Art (Avery label 5160) identifying the project. Print these labels and stick them on the back of each offering box.
• Create your own offering containers. You can have the girls use potato chip cans to collect coins and cash. There is Can Label Art (Avery Full Sheet labels) that can be printed as labels or on plain paper and taped to the can.
• Be sure girls bring their offerings to each fund-raising event.
• Remember to keep raising funds throughout the year.
Resources in italics are available for download at ngm.ag.org/CFK
Items in bold are available for purchase at myhealthychurch.com/CFK