Traditionally, Girls Ministries curriculum features an achievement-based system, where girls work toward goals and receive recognition when they’ve completed them. We also offer a non-achievement system that serves solely as a discipleship and mentoring program. Either way, you Girls Ministries group will surely touch the lives of girls in your church and community.
See the details of both programs below!
A Non-Achievement program doesn’t follow any standardized requirement but focuses more on discipleship and spending time with the girls as a group. If your girls aren’t interested in earning awards or don’t have time to work the requirements into their schedule, non-achievement could be the right choice for your group. You’ll still get the same discussion and biblical base for a woman-to-girl mentoring program, as well as the chance to speak into the girls’ lives.
Features of the Non-Achievement program:
- You can tailor your own requirements to the curriculum.
- Fewer time pressures to complete a required number of units.
- Girls can work at their own pace rather than staying within the standard timeframe for each club.
- Girls are not required to complete unit projects or pass a review.
An Achievement program has standards and requirements that girls work to complete in order to earn badges and awards. These awards offer a great incentive for completing a program and a sense of accomplishment upon completion. Awards are a means of encouraging girls to hide God's Word in their hearts. Achievement programs in a club setting provide a sense of belonging as girls work together. It is important to remember that badges and awards are a means, not an end. Helps the girls gain a sense of accomplishment and confidence.
Features of the Achievement program:
- Participating in local and district recognition events helps girls feel a part of a larger community of clubs.
- Provides symbols to accompany the knowledge they have gained through awards.
- Girls take part in a guided trackable charted out program that helps them with reading and learning the Scriptures..
- All they are required to learn will enrich their faith and serve as tools as they grow older.
Whatever your choice, achievement or non-achievement, you have many options for how to personalize your club, make it enjoyable to the girls in your club, and most importantly help you to disciple and mentor them.
Ready to get started? Click here to get started!