Celebration Sticks and Super Scoopers
Have a sweet fun filled afternoon with these sprinkle-coated (topping of your choice) pretzel sticks. Your kids can hand them out to friends and neighbors or enjoy these fun treats themselves. Alternatively, you can use different colors and toppings to create themed pretzel sticks.
What You Need:
•Red, green, and black (or chocolate) sprinkles
•1 cup white chocolate chips (whatever topping you prefer)
•20 8-inch pretzel rods
What To Do:
- On a piece of waxed paper, arrange 1 1/4-inch-wide stripes of red, black (or chocolate), and green sprinkles.
- In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips on high for 1 minute, stir, and microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir until smooth (it will be thick).
- Use a knife to spread the melted chocolate over half of a pretzel rod.
- Roll through the sprinkles until coated with stripes of sprinkles. Chill. To present the sticks, bundle them with ribbons. Makes 20.
Adapted from FamilyfunMagazine.com
This fall, make it easier and more fun for your kids to do chores. These pie-plate gloves will turn a boring afternoon chore into an imaginative fun activity. Kids will have fun playing in and cleaning up the yard after all the leaves fall from the trees.
•Hot glue and gun
•Aluminum pie plates
- Use hot glue to affix aluminum pie plates to an old pair of work gloves.
- Tip: Glue the palm onto the plate first, then the fingers; if you try to cover the entire glove at once, the glue may harden before you've attached the plate.